Did you know?
Hard water causes buildups of the lime in the showerhead.
And it is often so irritating for shower lovers.
The fact is, hard water contains various chemicals including magnesium, calcium, and sodium.
However, the accumulation of calcium is very common in the shower heads that causes blockage and disturbs the flow of water.
The Proven Methods
We suggest using the DIY methods to remove the calcium build-up in the shower because various chemical methods are often toxic and release fumes.
Here are some harmless methods that you can even try at home and easily get rid of the showerhead’s calcium buildup.
#1. Using Vinegar & Baking Soda
- First of all, you should remove all the dirt from the shower and remove the buildup’s sluggish and stagnant water.
- Now the next step is to mix up an equal quantity of baking soda and vinegar. Let’s suppose if you are using the cup to measure these, mix half cup vinegar in the half cup soda.
- Mix up these two ingredients and the mixture is ready.
- Take a piece of cloth, dip it in hot water, and put it in the area of calcium buildup.
- Now pour the baking soda and vinegar mixture on this cloth, cover the whole area, and let the reactions occur.
- The calcium buildup will get readily dissolved in the vinegar and soda mixture that you can confirm by forming bubbles. Another indicator is the fizzing sound that comes out when the calcium dissolution reactions occur.
- After a few minutes, you will notice the dissolution of the lime in the mixture. Now remove the covering and wash the area thoroughly.
- Now take very hot water and pour it on the showerhead to remove all the lime completely. Congrats! You have successfully done the lime removal at home.
You should use this technique every month to avoid the building up of lime.
#2. Use Soft Water
Another 100% working solution is to ensure the usage of soft water. Keep in mind that lime is the major component of hard water and is completely missing in soft water.
However, it may turn out to be very difficult for you if you do not have a soft water supply. But we have the solution for you!
Use the water softening systems that filter the hard chemicals before the water passes through the pipes.
But the problem is, not everyone can buy the water softening systems. Do not worry! There is an easy solution for it as well.
#3. Install A Shower Filter
The shower filters are an inexpensive and instant option for people who cannot afford other costly solutions. You can easily install a shower filter on your own that will filter the hard chemicals before they reach the showerhead.
#4. Clean The Drains Regularly
Strictly advise your servants to clean the drains regularly and keep on removing the buildup junk. It is common to observe that if you clean the pipes properly and do it so often, the calcium does not deposit so easily.
The Bottom Line
A clean shower head shows that you are a smart person and want to enjoy the rainy flow while bathing.
So be smart and enjoy bathing!
Last Updated on May 17, 2021 by Kaalimbar Vazentini